Subject: NEW: UDT for C/C++ on Linux
From: [email-masked] (Brian Combs)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 12:28:36 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Quadralay Press Release

Quadralay Corporation Announces New Linux support for UDT for C/C++  v 1.3

First commercial development environment is released for free version of UNIX

AUSTIN, TX (August 2, 1994) Quadralay Corporation today announced a new
release of its award-winning development environment, UDT for C/C++,
specifically for the Linux version of UNIX. UDT for C/C++ is a software tool
that greatly simplifies the design, implementation, maintenance, and
management of C and C++ source code and documentation.

Linux is a free version of UNIX for INTEL machines that is available over the
Internet. It also includes its own versions of X Windows, Emacs, etc. It
falls under the GNU licensing agreement, which means that it can be freely
copied and distributed as long as no restrictions are placed on its
distribution and the source code is made available.

"We believe that Linux will bring the UNIX operating system into the
mainstream," said Jeffrey Stockett, Quadralay's Chief Technical Officer. "For
the first time, an individual can run UNIX in his or her own home."

"Until now, Linux's one failing has been its lack of commercial grade
applications," added Tony McDow, president of Quadralay Corporation. "UDT for
C/C++ on Linux will help developers solve this problem. A first class
development environment such as UDT for C/C++ on Linux allows programmers to
create first class applications."

UDT for C/C++ on Linux consists of five components:

	o A drag and drop tool manager that allows developers to integrate
	  existing tools into the UDT environment easily.
	o A powerful C++ class browser with rapid prototyping capability.
	o A fully integrated object-oriented editor.
	o A complete C source code browser.
	o A hypermedia-based source code librarian and authoring system
	  (additional cost of $50).

"Linux is fast, reliable, and best of all, free. Therefore, we are offering
UDT for C/C++ on Linux at a special price, one which will make it available
to anyone who wants it," said Stockett.

UDT for C/C++ on Linux is available for the low price of $99 without
Quadralay GWHIS Viewer, a hypermedia viewer that helps create and maintain
source code documentation. Price including GWHIS Viewer is $149. It will be
available directly from Quadralay Corporation.

Quadralay Corporation is an Austin, Texas based developer of advanced object-
oriented UNIX development tools that simplify and speed the software
development and documentation process.

For further information, contact Brian Combs, Director of Technical
Marketing, 8920 Business Park Drive, Austin, Texas 78759 (512) 346-9199,
E-mail: [email-masked].

-- 
**********************************************************************
*  Brian Combs            *  Tel:  512-346-9199  Fax:  512-346-8990  *
*  Quadralay Corporation  *  FTP Address:  ftp.quadralay.com         *
*  [email-masked]    *  WWW Server:   www.quadralay.com         *
**********************************************************************
            "Information Tools to build your business on!"
   "When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl"

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.