Subject: REPOST: Ftape install help-HOWTO
From: Jeremy Main <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 12:36:30 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I have just completed a new HOWTO type document that describes
how to install the ftape driver and it's use. I step through the process
almost from begining to the end? In the document I fail to thank my cohort
Jeff Croft for his help, as he got his working first (a day before me) It
was just that he allways got all of the updates, and that is where my problems
were. I have included a list of needed libs and versions of libs, gcc, and
kernel for this to work for you as it did for me.

 Well currently it is at sunsite.unc.edu in the /pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO
directory. The file name is: ftape.install.help

There is also an associated .lsm file for it, for all of you WWW fans. This
is my first stab at documenting and I am open to comments. This informal 
guide should help most people who have not yet installed the ftape driver
and may wish to. I will post a more complete version in about a week to
sunsite and possibly maintain it if there is a need to. all comments 
can be directed to me at:
	 [email-masked]

	 Jeremy

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.