Subject: CORRECTION: multi-threaded linux kernel
From: [email-masked] (Bouwmeester L.)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 17:06:02 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Dear Linuxers,

Last week I posted an announcement about ongoing work w.r.t. threads on
kernel-level. Lots of people reminded of quite an error: the code that
is to be developed shall be distributed under the GNU PUBLIC LICENSE.
Therefore, it is available for both commercial and non-commercial use.
My apologies.

Also, accidently I called the kernel "Linux Viper, linux 2.0". It 
appeared that only Linus can increase the number of the kernel. Therefore,
the kernel is called "Viper 1.0"; it will, however, be compatible with
the current Linux-kernels. 

Hopefully, any errors are now cleared (so stop flaming me!). 

Please, watch the announcements for the first kernel release supporting
kernel threads. If really in need for information about ongoing status:
mail to the mail-exploder: [email-masked]

Regards,
	Leon Bouwmeester.

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.