Subject: Re: D-ISAM, a filehandler, shareware/freeware version for Linux
From: [email-masked] (Heinz Wittenbecher)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 16:56:28 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Heinz Wittenbecher) writes:
>D-ISAM is a commercial product that follows the standards initiated by
>C-ISAM/Informix and adopted by the "C" community as the standard
>filehandler.  Byte Designs is making a compiled freeware/shareware
>library available to the Linux community. It is full featured, but
>source is not included in the freeware/shareware version.  There are
>few limitations as to it's use, the main one being that it may NOT be
>used for commercial gain.  Another is that support will be by email
>only.
>
>You may use this version for development and demonstrations, but you
>are expected to purchase the commercial version, which includes source,
>when you're ready to go to market.
>
>DISAM.TGZ (disam.tgz) is available on Compuserve, Unix Forum, Lib 8 or
>via ftp on wimsey.com in /pub/linux/d-isam
>
>We'd like to make this a useful addition to the Linux community. Your
>feedback will be appreciated.
>
>Heinz Wittenbecher
>Byte Designs Ltd
>[email-masked] or [email-masked]
>

This is a repost due to my mistake of not identifying the ftp site 
correctly as ftp.wimsey.com, but rather as wimsey.com which allows only 
a very minimum of ftp connections so some folks didn't get on.

The correct sitename is: ftp.wimsey.com
The directory is: /pub/linux/d-isam

Sorry for the oops.

Heinz Wittenbecher
Byte Designs Ltd
[email-masked] or [email-masked]

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.