Subject: MouseLess Commander + Mouse Server.
From: [email-masked] (Miguel de Icaza)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 1994 23:36:34 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

This is the announcement of:

o The MouseLess Commander 0.10 with Mouse Support.

and the 

o General Purpouse Mouse support for Linux Server.

The MouseLess Commander is a directory browsing tool with a very close
look and feel to John Socha's Norton Commander for DOS.  The program
runs on Linux, SunOS and Ultrix systems.  

The GPM Mouse Server is a program that provides cooked mouse events to
applications that requests it.  In case that no applications request
the events, GPM will default to the behavior of selection.

The major change since version 0.9 is that some important bugs are
fixed.  In order to take advantage of the mouse support feature, you
will need the GPM server running on your Linux box.  If you run
selection, you will have to replace it with GPM.

I have uploaded the MouseLess Commander 0.10 to sunsite.unc.edu in the
directory /pub/Linux/Incoming as the file mc-0.10.tar.gz and will be
moved sometime to /pub/Linux/utils/file/managers.

The GPM Mouse Server is available in iride.unipv.it in the directory
/pub/gpm.

Now this has changed since version 0.9 of the MouseLess Commander:

- Added new Alt-G, Alt-H, Alt-J to select the top file, middle file
  and bottom file in the current panel.
- Now it's allowed to select option in query boxes by the first initial
- Fixed mouse repeat rate.
- Fixed a bug that prevent copying individual files to another file.
- Some minor bug fixes.

Now, this has changed since version 0.8 of the MouseLess Commander:

- Mouse Support.
- Internal Copy command (it no longer uses cp).
- Verbose Copying of files.
- Confirmation on Overwrite and on Delete.
- Support reverse sorting.
- Many visual enhancements.
- Per panel options are saved and restored.
- New truncation of names in the panels.
- History in Input Lines (M-p and M-n).
- Input line enhancements.
- Dialog boxes are nicer than before.
- Cache in gid and uid translators.
- More keybindings for the Input lines.
- Better kill management in Input Lines.
- Bug fixes.

The MouseLess Commander was written by Miguel de Icaza and Mauricio Plaza.

The GPM Mouse Server was written by Alessandro Rubini and is based
upon the code of Andrew Haylett.

Alessandro Rubini: [email-masked]
Andrew Haylett:    [email-masked]
Mauricio Plaza:    [email-masked] 
Miguel de Icaza:   [email-masked] 

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.