Subject: FIXPERMS 1.00
From: [email-masked] (Anthony E. Hall)
Date: 30 Jan 1994 13:17:37 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

ANNOUNCING FIXPERMS VERSION 1.00!

This is my latest release of the fixperms package.  With a lot of great
suggestions and the inclusion of my program in the great Debian
distribution, fixperms has now stabalized.  Keep the great comments
coming!!

You can find this package on sunsite.unc.edu in either (initially)
/pub/Linux/Incoming/fixperms.*.tar.gz or (usually)
/pub/Linux/system/Admin/fixperms.*.tar.gz (where * is the version
number).

Fixperms allows a sysadmin to set permissions on a list of files.
Fixperms also allows the creation of these lists so the permissions can
be set at a later date.

As demonstrated in its use in the Debian distribution, Fixperms allows a
system to be setup according to the specific guidelines outlined in the
perms files (owner, group, and permissions of each file in the package).
Fixperms is especially helpful in setting up packages such as mail and
lpr that need specific permissions (i.e. suid or sgid) to work
correctly.

Fixperms allows the programmer of a particular package to create the
permissions file to send with a distribution to ensure proper owner,
group, and permissions upon installation.

This latest version adds:

* somehow I managed to forget to check uid/gid when in the check-only
  mode - this has been fixed!
* fixed install of perm.5 manpage
* fixed wildcard matching problems
* cleaned up the code a bit - a bit more efficient and cleaned up
  some memory alloc/dealloc problems

This package contains a man page, source, a binary (compiled with
gcc/g++ 2.4.5 and libc.so.4.5.8), and SAMPLE .perm files (WARNING: these
are SAMPLE .perm files, take a good look at them before applying them
and read the man-page).

To compile and install type: make install

To compile only type: make

If you have any questions, suggestions, or bug reports, send to:

Anthony Hall ([email-masked])

Begin2
Title        = FIXPERMS! - set or get permissions of a list of files
Version      = 1.00
Desc1        = Fixperms allows uid/gid/permissions/etc to be set or
Desc2        = checked on lists of files.  Fixperms can also creates
Desc3        = lists of files for setting uid/gid/permissions/etc.
Author       = Anthony E. Hall
AuthorEmail  = [email-masked]
Maintainer   = Anthony E. Hall
MaintEmail   = [email-masked]
Site1        = sunsite.unc.edu
Path1        = /pub/Linux/system/Admin
File1        = fixperms.1.00.tar.gz
FileSize1    = 24000 bytes
Required1    = a C++ compiler (although a binary is included)
CopyPolicy1  = GNU General Public License
Keywords     = fix permissions sysadmin utility
Entered      = 29JAN94
EnteredBy    = Anthony E. Hall
CheckedEmail = [email-masked]
End

-- 
========================================================================
  Anthony Hall                             "...the whole alphabet soup
   [email-masked]                         of spookdom." -Marcinko
========================================================================

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.