Subject: Linux disk compression driver
From: [email-masked] (Jean Marc Verbavatz)
Date: 4 Feb 1994 21:41:32 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I have uploaded "DouBle" version 0.1 to tsx-11.mit.edu and
sunsite.unc.edu.  DouBle is a block device driver that provides on the
fly disk compression.  It is an interface between a physical block
device and any application, including a filesystem.  Therefore, it can
be used as a filesystem transparent disk compression driver.  This
sources only distribution includes kernel patches for Linux 0.99pl14,
the driver and utilities to format, mount and check the integrity of a
"DouBle" device.  This is ALPHA code that I would like people to try
out.

tsx-11.mit.edu		/pub/linux/ALPHA/double
sunsite.unc.edu		/pub/Linux/utils/compress

(I hope version 0.1 will be moved to these directories shortly)

					Jean-Marc Verbavatz

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.