Subject: libg++ 2.5.3l.1 is released
From: [email-masked] (H.J. Lu)
Date: 4 Feb 1994 22:01:56 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

This is the binary release of the GNU C++ library 2.5.3l.1 (The GNU
libg++ 2.5.3) for Linux. You have to install gcc 2.5.7 or above and
libc 4.5.18 or above to use it. Please don't use it with older gcc
or libc.

It is on tsx-11.mit.edu under pub/linux/packages/GCC and is compressed
with gzip 1.2.4.

Iostream is now back to libg++.a. But you have to use it with libc
4.5.16 or above. Due to the upcoming merger of ncurses, I didn't include
CursesW.o in libg++.a.

I discourage compiling libg++ 2.5.3 yourself unless you know what you
are doing. I have made many modifications. I hope my changes can be
merged in the next libg++ 2.5.x. But I don't know what will happen.

If you really want to compile libg++ 2.5.3 yourself, please follow my
instructions closely. You can get the source code libg++-2.5.3.tar.gz
from any gnu ftp sites like prep.ai.mit.edu:pub/gnu or
ftp.uu.net:packages/gnu. You should first apply my patch,
libg++-2.5.3l.1.diff.gz, which is on tsx-11.mit.edu under
pub/linux/packages/GCC after libg++ 2.5.3 is released. After running
"configure", you should go to libg++/src and do

1. rm regex.*
2. vi Makefile. You should remove all the references to
   regex.[o|h|cc|c]. I don't want to patch libg++ such that it won't
   compile on other platforms.

Then you can do a make at the top.

The file list:

1. libg++-2.5.3l.1-p1.tar.gz

  REQUIRED. libg++.a, libiostream.a, libiberty.a and genclass. It
  is libg++ 2.5.3l.1. To install

  cd /usr
  zcat libg++-2.5.3l.1-p1.tar.gz | tar xvvof -

2. libg++-2.5.3l.1-p2.tar.gz

  REQUIRED. g++-include. It is libg++ 2.5.3l.1. To install

  cd /usr
  zcat libg++-2.5.3l.1-p2.tar.gz | tar xvvof -

H.J.
[email-masked]
02/03/94

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.