Subject: MOTIF 1.2.3 for Linux/FreeBSD/NetBSD/BSDI/Coherent
From: [email-masked] (Ken Maier)
Date: 10 Feb 1994 14:49:53 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

SUMMARY:  OSF/MOTIF 1.2.3 for Linux, Coherent, BSDI, FreeBSD, NetBSD

DEERFIELD BEACH, FL --- FEBRUARY 8, 1994 --- Sequoia International, Inc.
announces OSF/MOTIF 1.2.3 for the following operating system environments:

                                 Coherent 4.2
                                 Linux 0.99
                                 BSDI 1.0
                                 FreeBSD 1.0.2
                                 NetBSD 0.9

Packages contain the complete runtime and development environment for Motif
1.2.3, which includes the following:

               * The Motif Window Manager (mwm)

               * Shared Library (libXm) [Linux Only]

               * Static Libraries (libXm, libMrm and libUil)

               * Header and Include Files

               * Complete On-line Manual Pages

               * Source code to OSF/Motif demo programs

               * Complete OSF/Motif Users Guide

WHAT IS MOTIF?
--------------

OSF/MOTIF is one of the most widely accepted graphical user interfaces for the
X Window System.   Designed by the Open Software Foundation, Motif is based on
IBM's Common User Access (CUA) specification which permits users from the PC
world to migrate to UNIX with relative ease.

WHY DO I NEED MOTIF?
--------------------

A consistent screen appearance and behavior of applications by using a standard
interface is a very valuable feature for developers and users alike.  Users can
move seamlessly from machine to machine, potentially saving a company thousands
of dollars in retraining costs.

For developers, a standard API allows cross-platform development providing
application portability and scalability -- an enormous benefit in time and
money.

WHO IS USING MOTIF?
-------------------

Motif is used on a wide variety of platforms by a large population of Unix
users.  Machine types range from PCs running Unix, to workstations and servers
from major manufacturers including Sun, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Digital Equipment
Corporation, and Silicon Graphics.

CAN I DISTRIBUTE MY APPLICATIONS?
---------------------------------

Yes.   Developers who wish to distribute their OSF/MOTIF applications may do so
as long as the license agreement is not violated.

PRICING
-------

Part#     Description                                       Price

LINX-01   OSF/MOTIF 1.2.3 for Linux 0.99 (3.5" Diskette)    $149.95
COHR-01   OSF/MOTIF 1.2.3 for Coherent 4.2 (3.5" Diskette)  $149.95
BSDI-01   OSF/MOTIF 1.2.3 for BSDI 1.0 (3.5" Diskette)      $149.95
NBSD-01   OSF/MOTIF 1.2.3 for NetBSD 0.9 (3.5" Diskette)    $149.95
FBSD-01   OSF/MOTIF 1.2.3 for FreeBSD 1.0.2 (3.5" Diskette) $149.95

OREI-6A   O'Reilly Motif Programming Manual Volume 6A       $29.95
OREI-6B   O'Reilly Motif Reference Manual Volume 6B         $29.95

OSF-01    OSF/MOTIF Programmer's Guide Rev 1.2              $20.00

[Note:    Other O'Reilly books are also available.  Call or fax for pricing
          and availability]

Prices do not include shipping or any applicable taxes and duties.

INFORMATION and ORDER
---------------------

For order information as well as technical details on the above products,
please contact Sequoia International:

Sequoia International, Inc.                       E-Mail:   [email-masked]
600 W. Hillsboro Blvd, Suite 300                  Phone:    (305) 480-6118
Deerfield Beach, FL  33441                        Fax:      (305) 480-6198

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
OSF, OSF/Motif, Motif are trademarks of the Open Software Foundation, Inc. UNIX
is a registered trademark of UNIX System Laboratories, Inc.   X Window System
is a trademark of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.  Coherent is a
trademark of Mark Williams Company. BSDI is a trademark of Berkeley Software
Design, Inc.  Copyright (c) 1994, Sequoia International, Inc.

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.