Subject: Ifmail 2.0 - FidoNet mailer and gateway for U*IX platform
From: [email-masked] (Eugene Crosser)
Date: 10 Feb 1994 12:06:31 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Ifmail is a set of FidoNet(tm) compatible transport and gateway
programs, running on mutiple U*IX platforms (Linux, FreeBSD, SCO, SVR4,
SunOS).  In cooperation with typical U*IX e-mail and netnews packages,
it allows to make a FidoNet node (or point) on a machine running U*IX.

The package is in BETA, use it on your own risk.

The main goal of this release is to replace buggy 1.9 release.  In 1.9,
one source module was missing, and file requests were broken.

Besides that, a lot of minor things from the TODO list were implemented,
and a nasty bug in zmodem send was (hopefully) fixed: before this 
release, when some of the attached files failed to be sent, the .flo
file was deleted anyway.

I strongly hope that this release is more or less workable and stable.
Now, I have plans to develop more functionality (incl. bidirectional
protocols) and re-design some of already written code, so the next
releases will probably be more "experimantal" than this one, and may
appear after a longer delay.

ifmail20.tar.z (156027 bytes) should be soon available at:
tsx-11.mit.edu:		/pub/linux/sources/usr.bin
sunsite.unc.edu:	/pub/Linux/apps/comm
			(may be still in Incoming on sunsite)

People from xSU may find convenient to get the file from:
ftp.demos.su:		/unix/linux/sources/fido

Eugene

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.