Subject: Joystick Driver 0.6 available
From: [email-masked] (Jeff Tranter)
Date: 18 Feb 1994 17:15:09 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

The kernel patches for the joystick driver haven't been updated since
0.99pl9. A number of people of mentioned they would like to see it
updated, so I decided to take the plunge and do it.

I've uploaded joystick-0.6.tar.gz to tsx-11.mit.edu and
sunsite.unc.edu. This version has the following changes:

- updated patches to work with 0.99pl15 kernel (and hopefully 1.0)
- wrote a man page
- enhanced "js" and "jscal" programs
- various minor changes (indenting code, fixing typos, etc...)

I would like to get feedback on whether this driver is useful and any
problems you may find. If this version is stable, I would like to
lobby to have it moved into the standard kernel sources.

One application that supports the joystick driver is the "fly8" flight
simulator program. Check any of the major Linux archive sites for the
latest version.

The original joystick driver was written by Art Smith
([email-masked]). Changes in this version were made by Jeff
Tranter ([email-masked]).

P.S. A question for kernel hackers: The joystick driver uses major
device number 15. The Sony CDU31A driver also uses 15. Since the
joystick is a character device and the CDU31A is a block device, there
doesn't seem to be a conflict, but I don't have a CDU31A to verify
this. Is there a potential problem here?

Jeff
-- 
Jeff Tranter / Software Technology
Mitel Corporation, Kanata, Ontario, CANADA
[email-masked]

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.