Subject: The Linux Quarterly, Winter '94 (PL15)
From: [email-masked] (Michael R. Johnston)
Date: 18 Feb 1994 17:34:32 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

In what has to be the first known episode of this, it appears the God, in
conjuction with UPS, has conspired to delay this issue by nearly a month.
The salient details of this conspiracy are probably best discussed
in alt.conspiracy.linux. Suffice to say, shipping delays, the worst winter
in several years, and an earthquake all combined to force this issue
to be released way beyond its initially schedule date. 

Now for the good news. The new Linux Quarterly, Winter '94, begins shipping
this  Thursday. Customers who've placed advance orders for this CD
will receive it via 2nd day air at no additional cost. Dealers will 
receive their copies shortly, as well. Thanks to the delay, or rather, 
in spite of it, we managed to get the PL15 kernel added to the master only 
hours before it went into production. Lots of other nice goodies are in 
there, too.

Michael R. Johnston
Morse Telecommunications
[email-masked]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

              Announcing The Linux Quarterly CDROM, Winter '94

Highlights of this edition include:

*** A total of 636 Megabytes of Linux distributions, software, and
    documentation.

*** Install Linux Directly from CDROM 

*** Linux Kernel Patch Level 15 ***

*** Linux Distributions:

	TAMU in binary and source format for both 3 1/2" and 5 1/4" drives
	Slackware 1.1.1
	SLS 1.03
	MCC

*** Archives from TSX-11.MIT.EDU (over 300 Meg) from 1/21/94

*** Major Version Changes in the following software

	Linux Kernel PL15	XFree86 2.0
	GCC 4.5.8		Libc 4.5.8
	GNU Emacs 19.19		Much, much more...

*** GIF Images and Sound files supplied for some fun under X 

*** Uncompressed files and filesystems, ready-to-run from the CD
	Linux Documentation Project Manuals
		Linux Getting Started and Installation Guide
		Linux Network Administrators Guide
	Linux Documentation Project HOWTO files
	Linux Documentation Project Generica Man Pages
	SLS Man Pages
	Xfree2.0
	OI
	Emacs 19
	Games

*** Full technical support, as always ***

The full contents of this CDROM are much too much to post. For a listing,
send email to [email-masked]

Dealer inquiries are welcome. Send email to [email-masked] for
more information.

             Special Offers and Ordering Information

Linux Quarterly, Winter '94				$29.95
(Upgrade for existing customers)			$21.95
Linux Quarterly Subscription (4 issues)			$79.95

CD/Book Offers

W/O'Reilly's "Unix in a Nutshell"			$37.95
W/O'Reilly's "Learning the Unix Operating System" 	$37.95
W/O'Reilly's "Essential System Administration		$49.95

                    ** General Linux Information ***

Linux is a freely redistributable version of the Unix(tm) Operating System
which runs on 80386 and 80486 PC Compatible machines. This software is
a full version of Unix which contains all the standard utilities and more,
including:

	TCP/IP, SLIP Networking
	C and C++ Compilers and other development tools
	Various Language Translators
	UUCP and Usenet Software
	Several popular editors including GNU Emacs.
	X Windows system, including OpenWindows, Xview
	DOS Emulator	

For your convenience, we have toll free ordering and can accept 
Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards.Many of our customers 
have requested technical support and we are pleased to announce 
that thirty days of software support via phone and email is now 
included with each order.

Linux is currently available on many Internet sites including TSX-11.MIT.EDU
and others. We offer this as a service to those who don't have the time
or resources to download such a large distribution. This version can be
installed directly from CROM in about 30 minutes time.

Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, all of Linux is copylefted under
the GNU Public License (GPL). SLS extensions are copyrighted by Softlanding
Systems. You may not claim any part of Linux as your own. This assures 
that future users of Linux will be able to obtain it as freely as everyone
else has already.

Additional technical support for Linux is available through us with the 
purchase of a service contract. Linux Support Service contracts are 
available in monthly, quarterly, and yearly terms. Rates begin at 
$19.95/month, per machine, and discounts are given for both quarterly 
and yearly subscribers. See our additional posting in this newsgroup 
or send email to [email-masked].

Terms of payment are one of the following:

	Visa/Mastercard/American Express/Discover
	Personal Check  
	Bank money order
	COD cash or cashiers check (COD charge is an additional $4.50)

We may, at our descretion, hold personal checks for as long as 10 
business days to allow them to clear. All sales are final. No refunds are 
given on software. We offer unconditional replacement on diskettes or CD's
that prove defective or are damaged in shipment.

For credit card or COD orders please call us, toll-free, at 800-706-4046
or you may email your order to us at [email-masked]. If you wish, you
may prepay your order by mailing a check to the address below. 

	Morse Telecommunications
	24 Prospect Avenue
	East Rockaway, NY 11518

For order inquiries or other information, please call (516) 887-4046.

Resellers please contact [email-masked] for our volume discount
information.

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.