Subject: Dungeon for Linux
From: [email-masked] (Rick Slater)
Date: 18 Feb 1994 17:45:52 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

The classic adventure game called Dungeon is now available for
linux.  It is version 2.51, and is a port of the original MIT
sources which were once distributed both over the old arpanet and
by DECUS.  Dungeon is the predecessor to Infocom's Zork series of
games, and is roughly equivalent to Zorks I, II, and III combined.
It is free for personal use, and includes the source code.

Two files are available from sunsite.unc.edu in /pub/Linux/games/textrpg.
They are (1) dungeon251.tar.gz, and (2) dungeonsrc.tar.gz.  Taken
together, they comprise the entire game and all of its source files.
The first file contains only the executable and its data base, plus
a solution to Dungeon.  It is all that is needed to play the game.

The second file contains all of the source code, plus additional
files which document revisions and which enable compilation.  It
is made available to all interested parties, and the only request
that is made is that any further updates or corrections be documented
in the file called "updates.log" by appending comments to it prior
to redistribution.

The copyright is claimed by Infocom, and it basically forbids only 
commercial use or sale of the game.  The notice should be retained
in all source code redistributions.

			--Rick Slater

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.