Subject: rxvt version 1.81 is available on sunsite.
From: Robert Nation <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Feb 1994 18:43:09 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Rxvt release 1.81 has been uploaded to sunsite.unc.edu, file 
/pub/Linux/Incoming/rxvt-1.81-source.tar.z 

Rxvt is an xterm replacement which uses a little less memory, and is 
suitable for use on machines with small memories. Tek4010 support
is removed.

Rclock is also included. This is a simple clock/appointment reminder/
mail checker.

Modifications were made by Rob Nation ([email-masked]) 
to make it a little more compact, and to add and remove certain features.

Here's what's new since the last release:
1. The screen handling code has been completely re-weritten. It is
   faster and smaller. These modifications were made in anticipation
   of adding graphics and or color handling.
   (Suggestions anyone? I thought of an "inline" tek4010 emulation,
   so that graph|plot would produce an plot right in my rxvt window 
   that would scroll with the text. On the other hand, there are
   vt-terminals that do graphics and color too, anyone have info?)

2. Some additions terminal emulation was added:
   1. 80/132 column switching under program control.
   2. Enter/exit reverse video under program control.
   3. tab settings can be set under program control.

3. An option to emulate a vt-100 printer has been added.

4. rclock now has a second hand, if desired, and a user selectable
   update rate. The appointment reminder system can handle days-of-the-week
   as well as dates.

BUGS:
1. Due to the nature of the changes, I recommend retaining your
   old binaries until you try out the new ones, and make sure that
   they work

Rob Nation
([email-masked])