Subject: Call For Volunteers: Linux Distribution Review
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 17:43:59 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I'm setting up a small group of testers, to unofficially review
Linux distributions (including documentation etc). If you
are interested in participating as a tester, please send me a short
description of your experience, equipment and time available.

It shouldn't be very time-consuming. You will recieve a package, test
the part that has been assigned to you, return the package and e-mail
me your results, including 'ratings'.

The ratings will be used in the "Linux Buyer's Guide", which I am
working on in cooperation with Matt Welsh.

This is what was originally put forth as a "Linux Consortium".
However, the stars weren't right for that, and we've rightsized it to
this - a new "Distribution HOWTO" with user ratings. It's less formal.

-Magnus
-- 
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to [email-masked].
Please remember to include Keywords and a short description of your software.