Subject: Rocat BBS System v.0.75
From: [email-masked] (Greg Shaw)
Date: 8 Jul 1994 16:44:12 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

The rocat BBS System has been put on sunsite in the pub/Incoming area.  I
would expect it to be moved in the next few days to the BBS area.  At this
time, it is being distributed as source only.  It requires g++/libg++ (and
the rest of the development system) be installed, but, it compiles out of
the archive.

The rocat BBS System for Linux is a very capable BBS system that is meant
for the person who wants to run a BBS on his Linux box.  It will support
any number of users that you can run on your Linux box.  Some of the other
features:

        - uses internet sockets for error logging 
        - Support for a many-machine BBS system
        - uses ASCII files for every storage medium -- all files are hand
        editable
        - very good documentation for the beginning Linux BBS SysOp (text and
        PostScript)
        - Quick to configure - contains an entire BBS with it
        - full source code is included!
        - no royalties
        - professional code, fully commented

Give it a try.  You'll find the BBS easy to use, and fully featured.  It is
also very SOLID.

Greg.

Gregory Shaw                            Programmer, SysAdmin
fmSoft, Inc.                            Network Planner
[email-masked]                   And homebrewer...

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.