Subject: Jove 4.6.14.32#12 is out
From: Karel Kubat <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Jul 1994 16:45:17 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Heia Linuxers,

A few days ago I received an announcement by Tom Hageman ([email-masked]),
who is the maintainer / developer of Jove, a light-weight emacs-like editor.
Tom announced that Jove version 4.6.14.32#12 is out. This version is a bug fix
for 4.6.14.32#11, no new functionality was added. According to Tom, "a nasty
bug that was introduced in version #11, causing some characters to be ignored,
was fixed."

Jove compiles cleanly on Linux systems, though I did receive mail concerning
problems for kernel 1.1.8. That sort of baffles me, as Jove is _not_ a Linux
program but just a general Unix editor. On all of my kernels (I am using 1.0
now) Jove always ran flawlessly. 

Relevant ftp sites and files for the Jove distribution are:

    ftp.icce.rug.nl:/pub/tom/jove/jove-4.6.14.32#12.tar.gz -- this is the
    archive which contains all sources for Jove,

    beatrix.icce.rug.nl:/pub/unix/jove-4.6.14.32.README -- a general blurb,
    written by me, illustrating Jove and containing a couple of example
    resource files.

Please direct any questions concerning the editor itself to Tom Hageman
([email-masked]), and not to me --- I'm just the delivery boy.

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.