Subject: Do you run a Slackware mirror?
From: "Patrick J. Volkerding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 1994 21:11:32 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

As many of you have undoubtably noticed, the sites that normally mirror 
Slackware from ftp.cdrom.com have had trouble getting through to update 
their copies.  To prevent this in this future, I'm putting together a 
list of mirror sites and email addresses of those in charge of them. The 
plan is to provide out-of-normal-bandwidth access so that the mirror 
sites can update in a timely fashion instead of getting locked out 
whenever a new version is released.

If you run a mirror site, please send email to [email-masked], 
with "MIRROR SITE" in the subject line. Include your name, the address of 
the site, the directory in which Slackware can be found, and an email 
address where you can be reached. Other information, such as when the 
mirror is updated can also be included, and will be used to bring the 
MIRRORS.TXT list up to date.

Thanks for your cooperation!

---
Patrick J. Volkerding
[email-masked]
--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.