Subject: New release 0.22 of CNCL C++ class library
From: [email-masked] (Martin Junius)
Date: 22 Jul 1994 22:05:16 +0300
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

A new version 0.22 of CNCL - the Communication Network Class Library for
C++ - is available at ftp.dfv.rwth-aachen.de:/pub/CNCL. I'll also
upload it to sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming.

Included is the source code and LINUX binaries.

Directory contents:

Blurbs ...
			    17982 Nov  3  1993 COPYING
			    25265 Nov  3  1993 COPYING.LIB
			     4758 Feb  8 18:41 CREDIT
			     6278 Jul 22 12:43 README

CNCL 0.22 documentation (GNU texinfo source, info)

			   157775 Jul 22 12:37 cncl-0.22-doc.tar.gz

CNCL 0.22 documentation (GNU info only)

			    62279 Jul 22 12:37 cncl-0.22-info.tar.gz

CNCL 0.22 LINUX binary (programs, libraries, include header)

			  1751370 Jul 22 16:25 cncl-0.22-linux-bin.tar.gz

CNCL 0.22 LINUX Software Map

			      869 Jul 22 16:26 cncl-0.22.lsm

CNCL 0.22 C++ source code

			   262469 Jul 22 12:39 cncl-0.22.tar.gz

German (!) paper about CNCL (Postscript)

			    47962 Nov 24  1993 cncl-mmb93-ger.ps.gz

Binaries of DEC's ezd - LINUX and SUN4

			      459 Jul 22 16:28 ezd.README
			   650295 Jul 18 15:10 ezd.linux.gz
			   729175 Sep 21  1993 ezd.sun4.gz

----- LINUX Software Map -----------------------------------------------------

Begin2
Title        =CNCL Communication Networks Class Library
Version      =0.22
Desc1        =CNCL is a tree structured C++ class library with classes for
Desc2        =event driven simulation, random number, statistical evaluation,
Desc3        =SDL, fuzzy logic, interface to ezd and gist graphics servers.
Author       =Communication Networks, Aachen University of Technology
AuthorEmail  =[email-masked]
Maintainer   =Martin Junius
MaintEmail   =[email-masked]
Site1        =ftp.dfv.rwth-aachen.de
Path1        =/pub/CNCL
File1        =cncl-0.22.tar.gz
FileSize1    =272K
Required1    =C++ compiler, IOstream library, per, GNU bison, GNU flex
CopyPolicy1  =GNU LIBRARY GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Keywords     =c++ library simulation statistics SDL fuzzy graphics
Entered      =22JUL94
EnteredBy    =Martin Junius
CheckedEmail =[email-masked]
End

----- README -----------------------------------------------------------------

                                                         -*- Indented-Text -*-
This is CNCL $Revision: 0.22 $ of $Date: 1994/07/22 09:22:15 $.

  |_|_|_  |_|_    |_    |_|_|_  |_		     C O M M U N I C A T I O N
|_        |_  |_  |_  |_        |_		               N E T W O R K S
|_        |_  |_  |_  |_        |_		                     C L A S S
  |_|_|_  |_    |_|_    |_|_|_  |_|_|_|_	                 L I B R A R Y

Copyright (C) 1992/1994   Communication Networks
                          Aachen University of Technology
                          D-52056 Aachen
                          Germany
                          Email: [email-masked] (Martin Junius)

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.  This library is
distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU Library General Public
License for more details.  You should have received a copy of the GNU
Library General Public License along with this library; if not, write
to the Free Software Foundation, 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139,
USA.

Software requirements:

	- C++ compiler with IOstreams library
	- perl
	- GNU bison
	- GNU flex

CNCL is a C++ library with the following features:

Universal classes:

	* Tree structured class hierarchy, similar to NIHCL.

	* Classes for general purposes such as arrays, linked lists,
	  strings.

	* Interface classes for UNIX system calls: pipes, select, sockets.

Simulation:

	* Event driven simulation classes.

	* Statistical evaluation classes.

	* Random number generator and distribution classes.

	* SDL-oriented simulation classes.

Fuzzy logic:

      	* Fuzzy sets, fuzzy variables, fuzzy rules and inference
	  engine for building fuzzy controllers and expert systems.

	* Fuzzy rules to C++ class compiler.

Graphics:

	* Interface classes for DEC's ezd graphics server.

	* Interface classes for Communication Networks' gist graphics
	  server.

See directory doc/ for more documentation on CNCL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compiling and installing CNCL:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!! You MUST have perl (Larry Wall's script language) installed in order   !!
!! to use the CNgenclass and CNarray scripts (which are written in perl). !!
!! Having perl is a good idea anyway, so install perl now!!! ;-)          !!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Compiling CNCL without perl using this distribution should work
nevertheless.)

You'll also need GNU bison and flex to compile the CNfrc fuzzy rule
compiler. At least on SUNOS 4.1.3 it's not possible to compile
fuzzlex.c and fuzzyparse.c with GNU g++, if these are generated by
lex and yacc. If you don't have bison and flex, it may be possible to
compile the yacc and lex generated C code with an Standard-C compiler
like gcc. See bin/fuzzy/Makefile. If you don't want to compile this
program, comment out `FUZZYDIR= fuzzy' in bin/Makefile.

[ ... detailed instructions deleted for announcement ... ]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This version of CNCL is known to compile and run on the following
systems:

	* SUN SPARCstation, SUNOS 4.1.3,
	  GNU g++ 2.5.8,
	  libg++ 2.5.3

	* LINUX 1.1.30
	  GNU g++ 2.5.8,
	  libc 4.5.24 / libg++ 2.5.3l.2

There is a bug in g++ 2.5.8 manifesting for the function

    void EZD::draw_text(int x, int y, int w, int h, CNStringR align,
			CNStringR text, CNStringR col, CNStringR font);

if you pass temporary CNString objects to this function. Some of them
will be deleted twice. Hopefully this will be fixed in g++ 2.6.x. See
also comment in lib/ezd/EZD.h.

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.