Subject: Unix Interactive Tools
From: [email-masked] (Tudor Hulubei)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 1994 01:12:27 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Unix Interactive Tools 4.2a
===========================

Topics:
=======
	Unix Interractive Tools 4.2a is now available at pub.pub.ro

The package Unix Interactive Tools 4.2a which includes a file system
browser, a  process  viewer/killer and a hex viewer is  available at
pub.pub.ro in the directory  /pub/UnixInteractiveTools. The  package
was originally written  for  Linux, but  i've  ported  it to  ULTRIX
and   works  just  fine.  Under   Linux,  the  standard  ANSI  color
sequences are used. The package name is uit-4.2a.tar.gz.

I've  uploaded  the  package   at  sunsite.unc.edu,  tsx-11.mit.edu,
ftp.funet.fi  and  garbo.uwasa.fi  but  I  don't  know when  it will
become available.

What is new:

- UIT 4.2a now contains info format documentation.

- UIT 4.2a has separate configuration files for each type of terminal.

- an ascii version of the manual page  (uit.doc)  included for those
who can't read neither the nroff version nor the info version.

- uit, uitps and uitview are a little bit smaller  than the previous
versions (uitcmp was small enough :-) ).

- UIT 4.2a package now correctly runs under X (in an  xterm  window).
Previous versions didn't due to a bug in  handling  the ioctl() call
to get the screen contents.

- UIT 4.2a now supports  full  configurable  key  sequences. The  key
pressed is identified faster.

- 4 minor bugs were corrected.

Enjoy !
Tudor Hulubei	[email-masked]
		[email-masked]

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.