Subject: bug patch for Linux PPP available (v1.0.1)
From: [email-masked] (Michael Callahan)
Date: 11 Jun 1994 20:50:58 +0300
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce,comp.protocols.ppp

Linux PPP version 1.0.0 had a small but fatal bug.  Also, shortly
after its release, Paul Mackerras released version 2.1.2 of the
free PPP code.

So, there is now a new release of Linux PPP (1.0.1) which corrects
the bug and updates the package to 2.1.2.

It will be available as file ppp-2.1.2a.tar.gz in
   sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/system/Network
   ftp.funet.fi:/pub/OS/Linux/util/networking
when the FTP site maintainers move it there; before then in the
Incoming directory on Sunsite.

Notes:
- It is important to read the README.linux file, especially if you
  are using version 1.0.x of the kernel.  You need to follow the
  instructions for installing the kernel driver precisely.
- From 1.1.12 to 1.1.18, you cannot use PPP over a pseudo-terminal.
  So typing 'pppd' in an xterm won't work.  This is fixed in 1.1.19.

Remember that PPP discussion should take place on the PPP channel
of linux-activists; see README.linux in the distribution for details.

Michael Callahan		[email-masked]
Al Longyear			[email-masked]

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.