Subject: Introducing the TIPS Howto!!! <Request for tips>
From: [email-masked] (Vince Reed -- "Sub Zero" )
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 1994 19:18:31 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce,comp.os.linux.help

[The Linux TIPS-HOWTO will contain tips and tricks for doing certain
things under Linux, such as how to set up swap space to be shared between
Linux and MS-Windows, and other such oddities. Please note that FAQ-like
questions (short tips) should be included in the Linux FAQ instead and
mailed to [email-masked]. Also, any tips which should be included
in another HOWTO (e.g., any tips about using SLIP should be included in the
NET-2-HOWTO) will be forwarded to the appropriate HOWTO author. The 
TIPS-HOWTO is just a way to catch miscellany that doesn't fit into other
HOWTOs. If you have a lot of tips about a particular subject, you might
want to write a HOWTO about it! Contact me for details. --mdw]

Hello Folks,

I'm the new TIPS-HOWTO coordinator, the person who wants to know if you've
discovered a more efficient or friendly way of doing something under linux.
I'm writing to ask you all to share your little tips and tricks with me.

If you've installed a package or functionality a time or 20, and want to save
the other linuxers some anguish, bend my ear.

Please don't send me faqs though, those are already covered.

I bet this'll save all us Linuxers a lot of time.

Please, fill my mailbox.

	Vince Reed
	[email-masked]