Subject: ANNOUNCE: procinfo 0.1 on Sunsite
From: "Sander van Malssen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 04:36:38 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

This is to announce the release of version 0.1 procinfo, a full-screen
system info display. It should be available from

sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming

though I have no idea yet where it will finally end up. All comments,
bug fixes etc. are welcome (send them to [email-masked]).

Here's the README:

This is version 0.1 of procinfo, dated 1994-03-23.

* What it is.

Procinfo is a small program that gathers some system information from
diverse files under /proc and prints it to the screen.  It duplicates
some of the functionality of free(1) and uptime(1).  It should work
with any kernel release close to 1.0.

* Optional interrupt patch.

As is the `intr' line in /proc/stat prints the accumulated number of
interrupts that have happened since bootup for all 16 irq channels
lumped together.  You can change this to display the number of
interrupts for each individual irq by applying the patch in
`kernel.patch' to the kernel sources and then recompiling procinfo
with the -DIRQ_ARRAY flag defined.  Note that since I don't have any
other program that uses the information in /proc/stat, I cannot tell
wether applying this patch to the kernel will break any such program.

Cheers,

Sander van Malssen
[email-masked]