Subject: deTeX 2.6
From: [email-masked] (Thomas G. McWilliams)
Date: Sat, 7 May 1994 18:44:34 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Detex - Version 2.6   

Daniel Trinkle's deTeX is now available from sunsite.unc.edu and 
from tsx-11.mit.edu.

>From Daniel Trinkle's README:
====================================================================== 
Detex is a program to remove TeX constructs from a text file.  It 
recognizes the \input command.

This program assumes it is dealing with LaTeX input if it sees the string
"\begin{document}" in the text.  It recognizes the \include and \includeonly
commands.

This directory contains the following files:

README -	you're looking at it.

Makefile -	makefile for generating detex on a 4.2BSD Unix system.

detex.1l -	troff source for the detex manual page.
		Assuming you have the -man macros, use "make man-page" 
		to generate it.

detex.h -	Various global definitions.  These should be modified to
		suit the local installation.

detex.l -	Lex and C source for the detex program.

lexout.c -	C code generated from detex.l using lex on a Sun (SunOS 4.1.1)
		This can be useful for DOS, OS/2 or systems that don't have
		lex.

states.sed -	sed(1) script to munge the state names in detex.l so that
		reasonable names can be used in the source without causing
		lex(1) to overflow.

os2 -		subdirectory containing support for compilation on
		OS/2 and DOS systems

Feel free to redistribute this program, but distribute the complete
contents of this directory.  Send comments and fixes to me via email.

Daniel Trinkle <[email-masked]>
Department of Computer Sciences
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1398

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.