Subject: Announcing standalone BogoMIPs program
From: [email-masked] (Jeff Tranter)
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 16:18:17 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Tired of rebooting your system so you can see how many BogoMIPS it's
running at today?  Want to impress your friends?  Be the first person
on your block to run the standalone bogomips program.  Now you can
measure BogoMIPs all day long without having to bring your system
down.  This could be the "killer app" that Linux has been waiting for.

"Bogomips" is a standalone program that displays your system
performance using one of the world's most recognized benchmarks.  It
uses the same code that is used in the Linux kernel while booting, but
runs as a user program.

A man page and make file are included. Detailed instructions for
building, running, and installing are in the file INSTALLNG.

This package has just been uploaded to sunsite.unc.edu in
/pub/Linux/Incoming/bogo-1.0.tar.gz. It should be moved to a permanent
location soon.

P.S. Don't forget to post your results to the net and impress
thousands of people around the world! :-)
--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.