Subject: COMMERCIAL: Correction to FlagShip contact address
From: Mark Bolzern <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 13:49:20 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

===============================================================================
Segment of Original Announcement with repair to contact Information follows:
Includes just enough to make sense to those that did not see the longer 
earlier Message, and includes the CORRECT FTP address to procure the FREE Demo.
===============================================================================

FlagShip, a 4GL language for writing business and data-oriented
applications, is now available for Linux.

One of the, if not the first commercial package available as a native
portation for Linux, is also potentially one of the most important.

So what is FlagShip, and why is it important as a product, possibly the
Killer App that Linux has been waiting for?

1) FlagShip is an extremely productive 4GL Language for writing business and
data oriented applications.

2) FlagShip is compatible with millions of programs already written in the
DOS world for commercial applications in CA-Clipper, dBase and Fox. Copy the
source code, tweak slightly (maybe) and compile.

3) Millions of programmers already know this language, and using it on
Linux extends its capabilities substantially.

4) FlagShip is the best possible balance between Ease of Use, Productivity,
and Power.  You can code in FlagShip, and include "C" code if you wish at any
point with full access to FlagShip's Variables, and data structures.

5) FlagShip allows you to use many of the techniques that makes C++ so
powerful, but you never have to worry about I/O libraries, Memory management,
and other techniques and overhead that makes programming in C and C++ so
cumbersome.

6) FlagShip creates a true executable, which is distributable, royalty free.

7) Database is one area that needs to run as native code.  Emulation is good
enough for word processing, or spreadsheet, etc... but not for Database work.

8) We already have many thousands of Commercial Unix installs which sold for
Thousands of Dollars each.  We are recognized by the Unix community as THE
standard for XBase on Unix.  We are selling our Linux version for MUCH LESS
than our commercial Unix versions.

9) Free, and fully functional FlagShip Test Drive (a few built in limitations)
version on our FTP site is available to anyone who cares to fetch and try it.

FlagShip for Linux has been shipping for several months, but has not
been formally announced till now.  Already there are hundreds people 
using FlagShip on Linux, and Thousands on other Unix versions.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For more information on FlagShip, Multisoft, or WorkGroup Solutions,~

Email:  [email-masked]  (Please include return address in message body)
URL:    ftp://ftp.wgs.com/pub2/wgs/Filelist

WorkGroup Solutions, Inc
P.O. Box 460190
Aurora, CO 80046-0190

Tel: 303-699-7470
Fax: 303-699-2793

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.