Subject: Ifmail 2.6 - FidoNet mailer and gateway for U*IX platform
From: [email-masked] (Eugene Crosser)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 13:50:25 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Ifmail is a set of FidoNet(tm) compatible transport and gateway
programs, running on multiple U*IX platforms (Linux, FreeBSD, SCO, SVR4,
SunOS and others).  In cooperation with typical U*IX e-mail and netnews
packages, it allows to make a FidoNet node (or point) on a machine
running U*IX.

The package is BETA, use it on your own risk.

ifmail-2.6.tar.gz (200 K) should be soon available at:
tsx-11.mit.edu:		pub/linux/sources/usr.bin
sunsite.unc.edu:	pub/Linux/system/Mail/transport

(Note the naming style changed since the previous release.)

Changes from 2.5:

 1. Bugfixes and cleanups.
 2. Allow limiting of outgoing packet size.
 3. Generate netmail file request status report.
 4. Create "node call status" files (with last call time, number of failed
    attempts, last return code).
 5. New file transfer protocol optimized for TCP connections (contributed).
 6. Message-ID <--> ^aMSGID conversion algorithms changed to avoid
    problems with crossposted and split messages.  (Hopefully the current
    scheme is final).
 7. Amount of ^aRFC-... kludges significantly decreased, especially for
    "transit" FTN->Internet->FTN messages.  (No data loss caused, though).
 8. New "nlpatch" program (analog of "nledit").
 9. Other minor improvements.

Eugene

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.