Subject: hdparm-1.6 uploaded
From: [email-masked] (Mark Lord)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 15:01:18 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

hdparm is a small utility which provides a command-line interface
to the hard disk driver ioctls.  It also includes a -t (timing) option
to perform a raw disk throughput measurement (works for SCSI disks too).

Version 1.5 was recently uploaded to tsx/sunsite, adding support for
identification/display of E-IDE hard drive parameters with the 1.1.52 kernel.

Version 1.6 fixes a minor bug in 1.5, whereby the -v option was omitting 
display of the current -m (multmode) setting for IDE drives.

Note that version 1.5 and up are the only versions of hdparm which are
compatible with linux kernel 1.1.52 and up, and also that hdparm v1.5+
are not compatible (won't compile) with earlier kernel versions.

Cheers,

-ml
[email-masked]

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.