Subject: Announcing: The Springfield Effect (groovy programmable patterns)
From: [email-masked] (Jim Finnis)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 15:40:38 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.discordia,alt.drugs,comp.os.linux.announce,alt.hemp

This seemed to get lost in the mists when I first posted it,
so here I go again.

The Springfield Effect is a psychedelia program in the same vein as
Acidwarp, but with one big difference - it's programmable, with a
C-like embedded language so you can generate your own images.

It currently compiles on most UNIX/X11 boxes (including Linux) and
(with some modifications) it'll compile for DOS too. Some other ports
would be nice ;-)

The distribution should consist of:
    spring.tgz      :   source, docs and Linux executable as a gzipped tar
    spring.exe.gz   :   gzipped DOS executable

It's distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, and
is available for anonymous FTP from the Emperor Norton Utilities
archive at yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au, in the directory
/listserv/flat-earth/norton (or thereabouts). Keep me posted if you
find it enjoyable, and spread freely.

PS I'm told a RiscOS port is underway...
anyone want to do a Mac version?

Have fun..

=============================================================================
Jim Finnis                     |             "Karanon omyr.kerenna"
[email-masked]         |       ...!uunet!pipex!dircon!elf!white
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'"I am that merry wanderer of the night"? I am that giggling-dangerous-
totally-bloody-psychotic-menace-to-life-and-limb, more like it."
=============================================================================

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.