Subject: FEEDBACK: Linux User Group for the UK ?
From: [email-masked] (Martin Houston)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 14:10:48 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I am the Software Librarian of the "Association of C and C++ Users". We
are a European based user group for the C and C++ programming languages
and related topics with a bi-monthly journal (CVu). 

As a joint venture with the UK Unix Users Group UKUUG we are planning to
launch a jointly organised special interest group for Linux.

I am the co-ordinator for this effort.

Things are at a planning stage at the moment but I would be very keen
to hear from anybody in the UK interested in joining such a group and also from
people who have successfully organised such groups elsewhere.

Amongst the things that we hope to provide are:

*       An easy UK source for Linux related products from Tee Shirts 
to Linux books and magazines. (vendors of such wares please email me!)

*       Localy organised meetings where linuxers can meet face to face and
the sceptical can see Linux and Linux based packages actually working!

*       A newsletter to report what is going on in Linux from a UK/Europe
prespective.

*       Promotion of Linux to raise its profile as something worth
looking into. 

Obviously you who are reading this are on the Internet but I feel that
Linux deserves a wider audience than those with Internet connectivity.
Indeed a Linux User Group that is not totally Internet centered will provide
a gentle introduction to novice Linux users before they take the plunge
and jack their Linux boxes into the net.

FEEDBACK PLEASE! Let me know what you think. Are you already down the path
of doing the same things - if so let's talk.

By the way if you are a C or C++ programmer and are interested in details of the
ACCU email me as well & I will get some information emailed back to you
about that.
-- 
Martin Houston
Librarian of the Association of C and C++ Users
ACCU/UKUUG Linux SIG Co-ordinator.
--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.