Subject: S3MOD mailing list created
From: David Jeske <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 14:50:30 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

This post is announcing the start of a mailing list for the coordination
of the contributors to s3mod. After the initial release of s3mod for 
linux, summer set in and Dan and I were in different areas and neither
of us took command of the s3mod project. Several people have made 
contributions to the project. This includes feature enhancements in
addition to porting it to Sun, HP, and NEXTSTEP. 

In the near future I hope to be able to better support those contributing
to s3mod and combine their efforts into a single s3mod release.

The new s3mod mailing list can be reached by sending mail to

	[email-masked]

Any message without a command as the subject will be sent to all the
users on the list. The valid commands are:

	subscribe
	unsubscribe
	help
	list-subscribers

Remember, you must include that command ON THE SUBJECT LINE *BY ITSELF*.

If you have any trouble with the mailing list or have any questions
or submissions regarding s3mod, please direct them to [email-masked].

* What is S3MOD?

It is a MOD/S3M tracker file player.  It plays 4,6,or 8 track MOD file
format tracker files. It also plays Scream Tracker 3 (S3M) files.

* Where is S3MOD available?

Currently, s3mod is available on sunsite.unc.edu. I believe the
directory is /pub/Linux/apps/sound/players.

-- 
David Jeske(N9LCA)/CompEng Student at Univ of Ill at Cham-Urbana/NeXT Programmer
   CoCreator of the GTalk Chat Software System  - online at (708)998-0008
                   [email-masked]  (NeXTMail accepted)

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.