Subject: Linux F-Key fix.
From: Ledford George D <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 14:48:19 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Several people have noted problems with not being able to define as many 
linux function keys as needed for running applications such as 
Wordperfect for Unix.  I myself had that same problem.  So, I fixed it.  
Several people in turn have asked me for the fix, so here it is.  I've 
uploaded some files to /pub/Linux/Incoming at sunsite.  They are 
keymap.fix.tgz, keymap.README, termcap.SCOconsole, and keymap.fix.lsm.  
These files make up a patch to the linux kernel and to the loadkeys suite 
that allows a person to have extra function key capabilities under 
linux.  The patch has been applied by myself to linux 1.1.35 and 1.1.50 
and worked fine in both cases.  Two keymaps are included.  One is a 
standard linux console map with the exception of ctrl-Fkey and 
shft-ctrl-Fkey are the same as the SCO version since linux has no 
standard for these keys, and the other is fully SCO console compatible as 
far as I can tell.  The termcap entry works exceptionally well for me, 
others may try it or modify it to suit them.  Hope this helps the people 
who have been looking for this.

Doug Ledford
[email-masked]

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.