Subject: Oak OTI-087/SVGALIB v1.2 driver released
From: Christopher Wiles <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 16:01:31 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I've placed a new and improved version of the OTI-087 driver for SVGALIB 
on sunsite.unc.edu (/pub/Linux/Incoming/svgalib_OTI-087_1.2.tar.gz).  
It'll eventually move to /pub/Linux/libs/graphics, I think.

THIS DRIVER IS NOT FOR X.  SVGALIB is a graphics library that allows 
non-X programs to use SVGA modes (examples are GhostScript and 
sasteroids).  My driver allows SVGALIB to properly utilize the features 
of the Oak OTI-087 SVGA chipset.

What's new:
640x480x32K and 800x600x32K modes.
1280x1024x16 mode.
Driver completely rewritten for compactness and speed.

Coming soon: an accelerated driver for X.  The impetus behind this is 
DOOM, of course.

-- Chris

[email-masked]   [email-masked]   [email-masked]
       "... but I want to use all eight comm ports SIMULTANEOUSLY!"
   PGP 2.6 public key available by finger for the clinically paranoid.

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.