Subject: Kernel change summary 1.1.30 -> 1.1.31
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.development

Floppy driver now examines the readonly switch whenever a floppy is changed.
Double the SCSI disk timeout.
Oops, semaphore change from 1.1.30 was botched in SCSI ioctl.
changed parameters to bread_page so last parameter is boolean "share".
More assembly subroutines marked with __volatile__.
Version number in inode block now being used.
Rename was syncing its changes too early.
NFS memory mapping cleaned up.
Allow a read-write or read-only flag when calling the open.
Let ELF executables share pages (this was a toughie!)

Updated kernel to VoxWare 2.90: This is an intermediate release (v3.0
	prototype with some experimental features disabled). See
	experimental.txt for more info.
- GUS MAX support
- Partially working MSS/WSS support (could work with some cards).
- Hardware u-Law and A-Law support with AD1848/CS4248 and CS4231
	codecs (GUS MAX, GUS16, WSS etc). Hardware ADPCM is possible
	with GUS16 and GUS MAX, but it doesn't work yet.
- AD1848/CS4248/CS4231 codec support (MSS, GUS MAX, Aztec, Orchid
	etc).  This codec chip is used in various soundcards. This
	version is developed for the 16 bit daughtercard of GUS. It
	should work with other cards also if the following
	requirements are met: - The I/O, IRQ and DMA settings are
	jumper selectable or the card is initialized by booting DOS
	before booting Linux (etc.).  - You add the IO, IRQ and DMA
	settings manually to the local.h.  (Just define GUS16_BASE,
	GUS16_IRQ and GUS16_DMA). Note that the base address bust be
	the base address of the codec chip not the card itself. For
	the GUS16 these are the same but most MSS compatible cards
	have the codec located at card_base+4.
- Some minor changes