Subject: Re: [SWIPL] About the AgentServer

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:04:41 +0200

> I ckecked again directly in the prompt line like this:
>     ?-use_module(library(socket)).
> and got:
>     ERROR: source_sink´'system' does not exist
> I am using a version of 4.0.7,which was compiled and installed to my
> computer.
> Thank you very much for any further pointers.

Version is good, so there should be another reason.  What OS?
Compiled yourself?  Dit you build and install the packages if
you compiled yourself?  Library(socket) is part of the `clib'
package.

Second, it says source_sink `system' does not exist.  If I
load a non-existend library it says:

1 ?- use_module(library(foo)).
ERROR: source_sink `library(foo)' does not exist

So there is something odd.  In all cases, there should be a file
socket.pl in the library directory.  On windows there should be
socket.dll in the bin directory.  On Unix socket.so as
lib/<architecture>/socket.so (or whatever extension is used for
shared objects on the target platform).

	Regards --- Jan