Subject: [SWIPL] Enquiry: What are you using Prolog for?

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:04:51 +0200

Hi,

I hate enquiries enough to make my girlfriend have sympathy for the
enquiry mafia on the phone.

Anyway, since the announcement of SWI-Prolog 4.0.10 now about 1 1/2 day
ago there have been 557 downloads through the HTML page (can't find the
ftp log on the new server).  Average download over the past month is 
242 per day.  This number has gone up a lot since the bundled 4.0
release, so it seems to be appreciated.  Thanks!

Together with discussion on the mailing list and bug/problem reports,
this is about all I know about you.  In the upcoming ICLP at Cyprus
(http://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~iclpcp01/) I'll be giving a tutorial on
building real-life applications and participate in the concluding
panel on the future of LP (and CLP, but thats not my subject).

The body of the tutorial will of course be related to my experience in
building applications with Prolog, but introduction and conclusion as
well as in the panel some real-life data may be interesting.

To get a some more insight what people are doing with SWI-Prolog I
designed a web-enquiry to describe things you've build with SWI-Prolog.
This time I'm not interested in education, but applications you build
for demonstration, to get your web-site running, use in-house, build
for a client, etc.

WHATS IN FOR YOU?  By default the results are confidential and I will
only summarise.  The entry form however contains the field `Publish'.
If there appears to be sufficient reactions of people who wish to make
the existence of their application known I'll turn it into an
interactive database accessible from the quite popular SWI-Prolog home
and download pages.

Filling out takes less time than reading the above, so please go to

	http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/app-enquiry.html

For those who want to know: SWI-Prolog handles the form-data :-)

	Thanks a lot

		--- Jan