Subject: [SWIPL] Updated SWI-Prolog on OS X HOWTO

From: Xander Schrijen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 22:56:13 +0100

I've updated my 'Getting foreign libraries to work on SWI-Prolog 
for OS X' HOWTO for OS X 10.1

It has build/patch instructions for SWI-Prolog 4.0.10, as well 
as the 'clib' package.  The main reason for the update is the 
changed linker in OS X 10.1  (See

<http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/ReleaseNotes/TwoLevelNamespaces.
html>

for more details.) but it also turned out that Apple removed the 
wget tool from the OS X distribution in favor of curl, and that 
the link to the dlcompat source was dead, and .  For now, I've 
put a copy of dlcompat on my website, but that might change.

The new HOWTO is at:

	http://www.phil.uu.nl/~xges/HOWTO/swipldynlib.html

The old one (for OS X 10.0 and SWI-Prolog 4.0.7) is at:

	http://www.phil.uu.nl/~xges/HOWTO/swipldynload.html

Of course, there's no guarantee that the instructions work for 
anyone :-)

Xander.