Subject: Introductions

From: [email-masked] (Neil Russell)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 93 22:39:41 PDT

Welcome to the new subscribers of this list.

This list is intended for discussion of the hardware design and some
related software issues.   Discussion about the porting of various
operating systems should be directed to another as yet undefined
mailing list.

Following is a re-post of the current proposed specification and a list
of tasks available for work.  You are encorreaged to select tasks that
you think that you may want to do, or just supply crititsism to the
design we have.

For those of you that received it before, the spec is unchanged, however
the tasks have some changes.

This board design is intended to be covered by something similar (or
maybe the same) as the GNU Public Licence.  Until I check on the
legal's of this, it is Copyright Neil Russell with distribution in the
spirit of the GPL.  There is no tie with this project to Pyramid
Technology other than their support of the mailing list.  Pyramid is
interested in much larger systems and would not be interested in this.

Some introductions:

I'm Neil Russell, a Senior Software Engineer at Pyramid Technology in
San Jose, California.  I have many years of experience in UNIX kernel
programming and a longer but more sporadic life of digital hardware
design.  I'm not really sure why I'm organising this effort; probably
just for fun.

-- 
Neil Russell		(The wizard from OZ)
Pyramid Technology			Email:  [email-masked]
3860 N. First Street			Voice:  (408) 428-7302
San Jose, CA 95134-1702			  FAX:  (408) 428-8845