Subject: cost of fpu? EISA?

From: Bill Broadley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 02:10:01 -0500 (EDT)

Anyone have the price of the mips chips?  A summary with price, cache, and fpu
would be great.  I'm especially interested if the FPU and non FPU chips
are identical (aside from the fpu) and what the price difference is.  

I've heard rumors about cheap EISA support chipsets anyone know how much
it would add?

-- 
Bill					1st>	[email-masked]
[email-masked] <2nd 	3rd> 	             [email-masked]
Linux is great.         Bike to live, live to bike.                      PGP-ok

---

From: [email-masked] (Neil Russell)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 14:09:21 PDT

> are identical (aside from the fpu) and what the price difference is.  

Going from memory (I'm at USENIX and my notes are at home):
	79R3051E-20	$79	(non-FPU, 4k I-cache, 8k D-cache)
	79R3051E-40	$155	(non-FPU, 4k I-cache, 8k D-cache)
	79R3081E-40	$297	(FPU, 8k I-cache, 16k D-cache)
I have prices for all of the various speeds and packages but that's all
I can remember.

-- 
Neil Russell		(The wizard from OZ)
Pyramid Technology			Email:  [email-masked]
3860 N. First Street			Voice:  (408) 428-7302
San Jose, CA 95134-1702			  FAX:  (408) 428-8845

---

From: [email-masked] (Neil Russell)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 14:09:21 PDT