Subject: Re: software for Chinese

From: Thomas Bartlett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1993 21:05:35 -0400

Hello Qiao Zhang,

May I suggest that you send an email message to Dr. Otmar Foelsche at
Dartmouth College, New Hampshire, USA.  Dr. Foelsche is director of the
Computer Services Laboratory there and, in collaboration with several
faculty members of the Asian Studies Program, has produced some
interesting and useful software for Chinese language teaching.  Also ask
them about the work done by Prof. Ted Yao (YAO Tao-chung/ Yao Daozhong) at
Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts.

On Wed, 2 Jun 1993, Zhang wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am looking for softwares for the purpose of computer-aided Chinese
> teaching (Mandarin or Cantonese; colloquial or written).  Could anyone
> give some ideas about the name, and contact address of the softwares? I
> would be most grateful if you could also let me know the advantages and
> disadvantages of them.
>
> Qiao Zhang

---

From: Yuan Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1993 08:42:21 CDT

I remember someone has uploaded some teaching aid software to
ifcss.org.  I also have couple of brochure from Taiwan companies.
But they mostly for teaching children to read and write Chinese
I don't know how to translate their company names and addresses.
But here are their phone numbers
1) (02) - 7056252, (02) 8947502
2) (02) 5044124, Fax, (02) 5070069