Subject: References for Chinese OCR R&D

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1991 13:26:53 PDT

Here is a list of references for Chinese OCR ( Optical Character Recognition )
R&D.

1.  Kenichi Mori and Isao Masuda, "Advances in recognition of Chinese
    characters," Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition, Miami,
    pp 692-702, 1980

2.  R.Casey and G.Nagy, "Recognition of printed Chinese character,"
    IEEE Trans. on Electric Computer. Vol EC-15. No. 1, pp.91-101, 1966.

3.  P.Wang and R.Shian, "Machine recognition of printed Chinese characters
    via transformation algorithms," Pattern Recognition, Vol.5, pp.303-321,
    1973.

4.  S.Yamamoto, A. Nakajima, K.Nakata, "Chinese character recognition by
    hierarchical pattern matching," Proc. 1th Int. Conf. on Pattern
    Recognition, pp.187-196, 1973.

5.  M.Umeda, "Recognition of multi-font printed Chinese characters," Proc.
    6th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition, pp. 793-796, 1982.

6.  P.Chen, Y.Chen, W.Hsu, "Stroke relation coding -- a new approach to the
    recognition of multi-font printed Chinese characters," International
    Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artifical Integlligence,
    Vol 2.No.1 pp 149-160, 1988.

7.  S.Zhang, B.Taconet, A.Faure, "A Complexity Measure based Algorithm for
    multi-font Chinese character recognition," Proc. 10th, Int. Conf. on
    Pattern Recognition, VOL.1, pp.573-577, 1990.