Subject: MAC ---New NISUS 3.4 Features

From: John Delacour <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1993 12:02:00 GMT0BST-1

NISUS FIXES/ENHANCEMENTS
                       )1993, Nisus Software, Inc.
        Nisus Software, Inc. 107 S. Cedros Ave., Solana Beach CA 92075
         Phone: (619) 481-1477 FAX: (619) 481-6154

                  LANGUAGE/SCRIPT FIXES/ENHANCEMENTS

                                 Japanese

1.Underlining Japanese inline text is now possible.
2.VJE inline input for WorldScript is implemented completely.
3.Any Asian script in the system will now enable the Preferences menu
item RJapanese EditingIS to appear, allowing you to set input method
options.
5.There are two inline enhancements-
a) If you type Return and a key, that key will no longer be echoed
twice.
b) If you type Return and a key quickly after the Return, that key will
        now be accepted.
6.Nisus inline input now works with the Katana input method.

                              Chinese

1.Implementation of the Chinese input method is complete.

                              Arabic

1.When choosing RMake Index...S from Arabic, Nisus now ignores
diacritical characters when breaking up the entries into their first-
letter categories.

                              Eastern European

1.It is now possible to use defined styles with Eastern European fonts,
in a document that does not already contain any text in an Eastern
European font, when using the PowerBook.

                              Hebrew

1.Non-zero character spacing now functions with style changes in Hebrew
text.

                              Korean

1.The Cham (Korean) input method has two known bugs which affect Nisus:
a)Typing RrkS then Option-Return.
b)Clicking the second item on the TSM Palette.

                           GRAPHICS FIXES/ENHANCEMENTS

1.Pagination and fixed-to-page graphics:
a)Turning off pagination does not hide fixed-to-page graphics.
b)When pagination is off, and a graphic is created and fixed-to-page
at the end of the document, the graphic will be attached to the first
page when pagination is turned on.
2.Precise placement of imported graphics (via XTND) is now possible.
3.Precise placement of graphics in the Header/Footer window is now
possible via the Paste Spot.
4.Selecting RPlace PageIS while holding down Option is identified as an
illegal instruction.

                        SPELLING CHECK FIXES/ENHANCEMENTS

1.Checking the spelling of words with more than 32 characters been
enabled.
2.Check Spelling window now contains a RSuggestionsS checkbox. When
checked, suggestions appear and the RReplace With:S box displays the
first suggestion. When not checked, there are no suggestions and the
RReplace With:S box displays the misspelled word.

                          MISC. FIXES/ENHANCEMENTS

1.Nisus now looks inside the RNisus FolderS in both the System and
application folders for the RNisus InlineS module and RNisus Alternate
LanguageS files, etc.
2.It is now possible to use the Command List display to create a
Command
List directly from the Menu Keys Preferences dialog.
3.Selecting graphics while in mirror mode on a PowerBook is now
possible.
4.Nisus Preference files are now searched for in the RPreferences
folderS in the System folder.
5.When a RQuitS Apple Event is sent, Nisus now returns from the Apple
Event and waits for the main event loop.
6.  RUpdate Time & DateS now changes the time to the current time rather
than to the time the document was last modified.
7.Jumping to negative page numbers is now possible.
8. Glossing invisible text is now possible.
9. Inserting character graphics in right-to-left text is now enabled.