Subject: UNICODE IN CHINESE?

From: Wang Jianxiong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1993 12:56:47 EST

Dear Ross and John:

        Here is the first lines of UNIHAN code in the file CJKXREF.FIX
at unicode.org. This file has a size of 1MB. I have a stupid question:
Is it ever possible for the CJK group or any other people to produce
a same table but together with the character SHAPES in the positions of {}
and an additional one at the position [] ONLY IF IT IS different from the
one at {} ?
        This table  can be produced with TwinBridge for example and stored
in the HP LJ print out format or PS format in pages. People can ftp them
and print them. This will be a wonderful reference of UNIHAN.
        I think this will be great for everyone to discuss the UNIHAN business.
Maybe only CJK group can do this because usual persons have no resources
to produce all of them.
        Another question:how did you divide or extend the GB into
GB-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8?
        Thanks very much.

Jian-X. Wang

UNIHAN GB      Big-5 CNS     JIS     KSC     ANSI    CCCII1  Xerox   Fujitsu
=============================================================================
4E00{} 0-5027[]A440[]1-4421[]0-1676[]0-7673[]213021[]213021[]241:042[]*
4E01{} 0-2201[]A442[]1-4423[]0-3590[]0-7943[]213022[]213022[]250:132[]*
.........
4E12{} *       *     *       1-1605[]*       *       *       *        41A8[]
4E13{} 0-5508[]*     *       *       *       273B3F[]273B3F[]*        *