Subject: Re: implementors workshops

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1992 20:13:34 EDT

| >From:         "Erik M. van der Poel" <[email-masked]>
| Subject:      implementors workshops
|
| Asmus, thanks for the info about the Unicode implementors workshop.
| Would it be possible to send some of the info about issues and
| possible solutions to the 10646 and/or Unicode mailing lists? I

Unfortunately, none of the workshop material exist in plain text
softcopy. To obtain hardcopy you can contact the Unicode Consortium
at 415-961-4189 or FAX 415-966-1637. A Unicode E-Mail contact
address is being set up and should be announced on [email-masked]
when it comes on-line.

| realize that some of the info may be proprietary to either the company
| itself or the Unicode consortium, but I think it is fair to say that,
| in general, a standard will benefit from discussion of its issues.

None of the workshop information is proprietary, but as with all printed
works, normal copyright applies. We regard the workshops as an opportunity
for people to learn from each other, therefore speakers are encouraged
to present their actual implementation experience in a non-proprietary
fashion.

| Also, some people on these mailing lists may not be able to go to the
| workshops.

The Unicode consortium is working on making it feasible for as many people
as possible to attend future workshops by offering them at various and
widely distributed geographical locations.

In the meantime I notice on the mailing lists that there is certainly a
lively discussion going on; albeit with the usual limitations of E-Mail,
especially its inability to convey non-ASCII characters and/or pictures.

Asmus Freytag
Techical Director
The Unicode Consortium.