Subject: THE BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUND

From: Lou Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 1994 09:39:34 U

THE BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUND
Enclosed is a hz formatted poem.
I am not sure it is correct to translate 'bei4jin3' to 'background'. I often
have a different feeling when I put an English title for my poems. The feeling
is not just funny,  but it also gives me a way to think of something in another
so-called  BACKGROUND.
I don't think that my English is good enough to write poems. However, I love to
read  English poems if I have time. If anyone who knows English poems well,
please recommend some or excellent collections (with names and authors) to me.
I will really appreciate such information.
-Luming

<<<<<< Attached TEXT file follows >>>>>>
                                美 丽 的 背 景

                                ________

                                    o 鲁 鸣 o

                                在所有该经历的

                                都经历了之后

                                一道不可愈合的

                                痛楚

                                成为美丽的背景

                                从前你太年轻

                                从前你不熟悉你的父亲

                                从前你走在梦呓的草色里

                                从前你不知道男人的本性

                                如今你拥有了你应有的

                                你才明白永恒的宇宙和星星

                                无论岁月如何泛黄

                                月光和情歌总是受欢迎

                                亲吻只能是亲吻

                                不是作诗画画

                                成熟的心会告诉你

                                那无法逃避的归宿

                                于是你让咆哮的大海

                                趋于平静

                                千万只魔手停止张牙舞爪

                                就连巫婆也变得温柔

                                在百年的红尘里

                                你使自己在丑陋中成为背景

                                平淡而英俊

                                        1994.5.21.密执根