Subject: I agree with Luming, was Re: Talk- J.H. Poem Impresio

From: "Yang Wu @ SYNTH" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 17:35:28 -0700

On Jul 12,  3:25pm, Lou Chen wrote:
> Subject: Re: Talk- J.H. Poem Impresio
>                                                   RE>Talk: J.H. Poem
Impresion
> Hi, Xiaofu:
>   I really like your article about 'J.H. Poems Inpression' as well as your
poem
> 'wu2 ti2'. Taking the lunch time, I wrote a few of words to you in Chinese.
> Now I have to back to work.
> Bao3 Zhong4!
> -Luming
> P.S. I found and enclosed the earliest one of my poems as far as I have at my
> office.
> ...
>-- End of excerpt from Lou Chen

I cannot fully decode and read Luming's mail. But I know what he is talking
about. I do agree with his points. A poet should write poems using feelings
instead of skills. Using skills makes the poet tend to "copy" poems, while
using feelings guide the poet to explore himself and the world.

It appears that I write without too much difficulty. But nobody knows that
I have a lot unsuccessful poems, since one year, I have accumulated at least
80 bad poems I wrote. Now I really want to dig a deep hole and bury them.

I do agree also with the point Luming made about the importance and influence
of mood or frame of mind on poem writing.

And I would like to add that the mental efforts are also crucial for the
poem writing. Yeah, writing a poem is using your mental power to master
your own surging thoughts and tidal emotions.

"Sans Soleil"

Yang Wu  吴 阳
  Tel: (503) 685 1057  Email: [email-masked]  [email-masked]
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<