Subject: Goodbye, see you again

From: Lou Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 1994 10:25:59 U

Goodbye, see you again
Hi, Wu Yang:
Your article "poems, temperament" is very interesting! I like it.
I always naturally think  of a poet's temperament or other personality
characteristics when I read his/her poems as I don't know much about the poet.
As you point out, this kind of guessing often is wrong although it could be
right.  I consider this kind of thinking is very natural as well as a fun. As
long as you don't know a person very well--I mean that you interact with this
person face-to-face for years (e.g. Hong Ding and you), you have some sort kind
of guessing about the person. In most time this kind of guessing begins from
the unconsciousness. For me,  it might be even more naturally occurred because
I studied sociology and psychology for seven years. Before I came to Michigan,
I majored sociomedical sciences at Columiba University of New York City and my
specialty was social psychology while I worked in a psychiatric institute for
two years. Many of you might have some 'guessing' as you are reading here. Go
head. Just don't let the guessing become a stereotype or even prejudice--this
is my principle. I hope myself to be more humble and more understandable. Life
is so short. The Lord is calling on us every day. We are limit as time goes by.
It is a blessing and luck that we can know and share with each other via
e-mail.
I will be silent for a few of months because I am starting the preparation of a
tough examination in December.
Everybody, take care. I love your poems and look forward to reading your poems.
I am enclosing two of my poems "Goodbye"  and "Yes, See You Again" as a token
of my thanks to all of you.  Yes, see you again!
Best,
Luming