Subject: My view on emotions etc.

From: "Z. Zhang ~{VqHK~}" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 01:50:37 CDT

Hello to all:

As I see it, a poem with no emotion and passion is
a pure fake or is simply dead: it could be good for
its own right just for practise purpose, but claiming
anything beyand is to cheat oneself. A poem with no
logic and perception (not in the scietific/engineering
sense) is born as incoherent and serves merely as a
collection of sentences. And a poem with no mature skills
is a heavy train without wheels -- it may very well *moves*
nobody.

There is no doubt that whoever practises poems should resort
back to, as deep as one may, his/her innermost soul and listen
with extreme care and patience. However, to make a good poem
is not to simply announce to the world that I hate, I love,
I want to die, I want to buy (:-)), I need to vanish etc.
I believe it takes a lot of things and deserves a great deal
of effort.

A _serious_ claim here: I'm not writing this to point to any
works we see here, nor am I trying to discourage anyone. That's
my view of what a poem should be, and the way I'd like to see
those of my own turns out to be -- though it's way beyand reach
at this point for me. Comments/critics are therefore heartly welcome.

Cheers,

-bamboo, have a nice day