Subject: CND-EP Special for Australia, August 27, 1990

From: Bo Xiong <yawei>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 90 00:29:06 -0500

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  C h i n a   N e w s   D i g e s t +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

=====================  Europe / Pacific Section (CND-EP) =====================
                                August 27, 1990

                  Special Issue for CND Readers in Australia
                (This issue is distributed to Australia only)

---------------------------- Table of Contents ---------------------------
No. Subject                                                     # of Lines

1. To the People Who Is Applying PR in Australia........................10

2. A Suggestion about Getting Chinese Sudents in Australia Organized....15

3. Chinese Students in Canada Concerning about Their Fellows in Aus.....15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. To the People Who Is Applying PR in Australia
===================================================================(10 lines)
Provided by CND Correspondent in Australia ***@***.anu.oz.au

  If you still keep 829 visa status and wouldn't like to withdraw your
application form for PR, you still have right to apply Medicare. Show
your receipt of $340 to Medicare officers and tell them you are applying
PR status in Australia. If you paid the money for your seeing a Doctor, you 
can claim those money back after you get Medicare card. The important
thing is that you have to keep all these receipts after your visiting
doctors. Please tell all those people who care this problem and have
no access to computer net. Thank you.
=============================================================================

2. A Suggestion about Getting Chinese Sudents in Australia Organized
===================================================================(15 lines)
>From: A CND Reader in Australia  *****@*****.adfa.oz.au

Dear Editor,

Please distribute my suggestion about Chinese student organization through
CND-EP or CND-EP Special

Concerning the organization of Chinese students I suggest we my adopt the
organization forms of certain clubs, that is members can join that
organization by letter/application form and paying a fee. This should be
more effecient because most students are kept busy doing their works and
rarely have the time and especially the financial power to attending
conferences. The a-mail system can be used (as it is already) to exchange
information and opions.
=============================================================================

3. Chinese Students in Canada Concerning about Their Fellows in Aus
===================================================================(15 lines)
>From: A CND Reader in Canada

I am very concerning about the situations of our friends in
Australia. I think, besides the right of education, they should
also fight for the right of work. The experience of work
 is also important for their future as the education is for. This
right is especially important for those graduated from school and
those will graduate soon.

This is my suggestion. Hope you can transfer to our fellows in
Australia.

Thank you!

A Ph.D. student in McGill University, Montreal.
=============================================================================

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Editor/Sender of this Issue:    Bo Xiong   in Chicago, U. S. A.          |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  To subscribe/unsubscribe, send contribution/comment and report problem,  |
|  send e-mail to:                                                          |
|  [email-masked]    OR     [email-masked]                |
|  OR        [email-masked]                                |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+