Subject: CND-EP Posting, September 20, 1990

From: Bo Xiong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 90 21:48:15 -0500

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  C h i n a   N e w s   D i g e s t  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

=====================  Europe / Pacific Section (CND-EP)  =====================
                              September 20, 1990
 
---------------------------- Table of Contents ---------------------------
No. Subject                                                     # of Lines

1. Project for Chinese Mid-autumn Festival (1)..........................40

2. Project for Chinese Mid-autumn Festival (2)..........................70

3. Macao Grants 27,000 Resident's Permits...............................20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
**** To contact CND-EP, see the table at the end of this news package ****

1. Project for Chinese Mid-autumn Festival (1)
====================================================================(40 lines)
>From: [email-masked]

    (Independent Federation of Chinese Students & Scholars in the USA)
    *******************************************************************
           |     |-------|  |-------|      |      ----|----     /---/
           |     | ----- |  | ----- |      |       |--+--|    /  \/
       |---|---| |   |   |  |   |   |  |---+---|   |--+--|      /  \
       |   |   | | --+-- |  | --+-- |  |   |   |  ----+---|   /   |  \
       |---|---| |   | \ |  |   | \ |  |  /^\  |    --+---|    ---+-|
           |     | ----- |  | ----- |  |/     \|  ----+---|      /  |
           |     |-------|  |-------|  |      \|     \|        /  \/
                                    (5)
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////////////////////
                       CCDA of IFCSS News Release #5
                             September 17, 1989
                         cc: IFCSS Headquarters
                             IFCSS Council
                             IFCSS SVC
    ///////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

       Collecting Signatures of Individual Schools' Chinese Student
          & Scholar Associations for a Letter to Domestic Schools
                  for the Mid-autumn Festival Greetings

     The Mid-autumn Festival (15th day of the 8th lunar month) will come soon
(October 3).  This is a very special festival for Chinese people.  Especially,
we, the overseas Chinese students and scholars, will think of our motherland,
our relatives, our friends, our motherschools, and ...

     Everyone will write to his/her home and friends to show his/her love.
We will write a letter expressing the US' Chinese students and scholars' cordial
greetings to domestic schools' staffs and students.  We collect signatures
of individual schools' Chinese student and scholar associations.  This letter
will be sent to domestic schools individually.  It is our hope that the letter
will well show how we love our motherland and we will do our best for her.  The
letter includes the follow contents.  A complete letter is drifting.  It will
be posted upon its finish.

     (1)  To show our greetings for the Mid-autumn Festival;
     (2)  How we love our motherland;
     (3)  We would like to help domestic schools to establish academic and
          culture exchange with the US' schools;
     (4)  We will do our best to help China to advance science, culture
          and economy.

     Any suggestions about the letter are fully welcome.  The Mid-autumn
Festival is within 16 days.  Please contact us as soon as possible.

     IFCSS Headquarters          or     CCDA of IFCSS
     Phone: (202)347-0017               c/o: Peng Yue-nan
     Fax:   (202)347-0018		Phone & Fax: (801)750-632
     E-mail: [email-masked]         E-mail: [email-masked]

                                 The Committee for China Domestic Affairs
				 of IFCSS (CCDA of IFCSS)
=============================================================================

2. Project for Chinese Mid-autumn Festival (2)
==================================================================(70 lines)
>From: [email-masked] Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 04:44 MDT

    **********************************************************************
           |          ____/   |           |   \            /   --
       |---+---|        |   | | |      ---+---|          /   ------
       |   |   |      --+-- | | |         |   |        /  |   ----
       |   |   |      / | \   |        ---+-----|         |   ----
       |---|---|        |    /^\          |     |         |  |----|
           |           \|  /     \        |    \|         |  |----|

    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////////////////////
                       CCDA of IFCSS News Release #6
                             September 18, 1989
                         cc: IFCSS Headquarters
                             IFCSS Council
                             IFCSS SVC
    ///////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

                 Co-sign a Letter to China' Universities

     The Mid-autumn Festival will come soon (October 3).  The following is
the first draft of the letter to China domestic schools for the Mid-autumn
Festival greetings.   Suggestions about the letter are welcome.

                THE LETTER WILL BE SENT TO OVER HUNDRED
                 CHINA DOMESTIC SCHOOLS INDIVIDUALLY !

        A data base of addresses of domestic schools is been building.   We
hope that individual schools' Chinese student and scholars associations to
co-sign the letter.   By this way, we will show how we love our motherland
and we will do our best for her.

     IFCSS Headquarters          or     CCDA of IFCSS
     Phone: (202)347-0017               c/o: Peng Yue-nan
     Fax:   (202)347-0018               Phone & Fax: (801)750-6324
     E-mail: [email-masked]         E-mail: [email-masked]

                                 The Committee for China Domestic Affairs
                                 of IFCSS (CCDA of IFCSS)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                         September xx, 1990

Faculty and Students
c/o President's Office &
The Student Association
University of .......
.... (City),  China

Dear Faculty and Students:

     The Mid-Autumn Festival is coming. The joyous festival is the
time when we, overseas Chinese students and scholars in the
United States, especially think of our family, relatives, folks,
and our motherland--China. This letter conveys our love and
cordially holiday greeting to you, our dear teachers, colleagues,
and young brothers and sisters.

     Looking at the moon, we seen to see our country, our people and
our old schools.  How many of us wake up form the dreams of going back
China.  How many of us have homesickness.  China, we try to listen to
you every heart beat.  China, we are proud of you, we are crying for
you.

     Like all of you, Chinese students in the U.S. deeply love
China too.  Like all of you, we cannot happy unless China becomes
a modernized, and prosperous country. Like all of you, we believe
that every Chinese has a share of responsibility for the fate of China.
We would like to work with you and do our best to serve our nation,
especially to advance the development of education, science, technology,
and economy in China.

     We have the following ideas and suggestions for developing the
cooperative relationship between us.  First, we would like to help
your university to establish academic and culture exchange
relations with certain universities in the United States. Secondly,
we will provide information about American universities and their
social environment to the schools who are interested in. We also
would like to help coming Chinese students and scholars to adjust
themselves in a new situation.  Thirdly, we would like to create
more communication channels with the colleagues who have same
interests on same topics.  We can do many things if we cooperate
with each other.  We believe that both of us will benefit greatly
from any possible mutual help.

     Please feel free to contact anyone of us in order to discuss
more concrete plans of cooperation. Although this letter is written
on behalf of xx (number) Associations of Chinese Students and
Scholars in American universities, each of the Associations also
is willing to set up one-to-one cooperative relationship with any
university in China.

     We appreciate your response.

                                     Cordially,

                                     (List of co-sign Chinese
                                      Student and scholars
                                      associations)
=============================================================================

3. Macao Grants 27,000 Resident's Permits
====================================================================(20 lines)
>From: Young Chul KIM <[email-masked]>
Source:  Hong Kong Standard, 8/24/90, by Adam Lee

About 27,000 Chinese illegal immigrants who registered during a Macao
amnesty in March will be issued provisional resident permits. But several
hundred who faked their registration papers or gave false statements have
been sent back to China or are awaiting repatriation.

The Co-ordination Committee for the Registration of Illegal Immigrants
announced yesterday that two centres would be set up on Aug. 27 in the
St. Joseph Seminary to issue the permits.

The committee was set up in April after 45,053 illegal immigrants were
registered during the March 29 amnesty. However, only about 32,000 showed
up for screening, of which about 27,000 have been allowed to stay in Macao.

The provisional resident's permits will be issued free, but must be
renewed annually. After a certain period, holders can obtain a permanent
resident's permit.
=============================================================================

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Editor/Sender of this Issue:    Bo Xiong   in Chicago, U. S. A.          |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  To subscribe/unsubscribe, send contribution/comment and report problem,  |
|  send e-mail to:                                                          |
|  [email-masked]     OR     [email-masked]               |
|  OR        [email-masked]                                |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+