Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4001: Visa Appeal Program Call For Help

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1992 01:23:36 -0400

Due to some technical problems, this release has been
sent three times. Some readers may see this message
several times. Sorry for the trouble.

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters New Release No. 4001         August 4, 1992
          VISA APPEAL PROGRAM CALL FOR HELP
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

          Visa Appeal Program Call For Help
          =================================

Dear IFCSS members:

     In the last two years, the IFCSS Family Reunion
Program have helped hundreds of Chinese students and
scholars to obtain visa for their spouses and children
to come to U.S. We now have another opportunity to
improve the visa application process to benefit those who
may apply for visa to come to the U.S. in the future.

     At present, the U.S. Consuls abroad have the sole
authority to issue visas.  As many of us experienced,
sometimes the visa application process at the U.S.
Consulates could be very frustrating. Now there is a
legislative initiative in the U.S. Congress proposing a
review procedure, in which applicants whose applications
are denied by Consuls may appeal to the U.S. State
Department for reconsideration.

     Groups supporting this legislation have contacted
IFCSS HQ for help. If you, or someone you know, have a
case showing the necessity of the visa application review
procedure, please contact the IFCSS HQ. The HQ is
collecting such cases. We hope that this legislation
would increase the opportunities for our families and
friends in China to get a visa to visit the United
States.

     Thanks for your attention.

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************