Subject: news release 5144

From: hq (IFCSS Headquarter)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 10:30:16 CDT

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 5144         June 20, 1994
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

        The IFCSS Allocate Activity Funds to the Local CSS 
        ==================================================

We thank all of you who showed support for the IFCSS Medical
Insurance Program. As has been promised, the HQ will allocate 
40% of the donation and administrative fees from the
IGS to the local CSS organizations as their activity funds
(after deduction of tax and advertisement fees). The amount of
such funds will be based on the performance of the local CSS
organizations in promoting the program. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Enclosure One

                  Activities Fees to Local CSS
                              for
               First Quarter (January-March, 1994)

*Note:   Because some people pay the premiums in two payment
         plans, the same number of enrollment may result in       
         different amounts of  fees.

============================================================

SCHOOL                   ENROLLMENT                COMMISSION

Arizona State Univ           187                      1583.96
Cornell University            27                       209.24
Duke University               12                        84.31
East Carolina Univ            24                       176.92
Emory University              10                        78.68
Florida State Univ            32                       271.86
Geo Wash Univ                 15                       161.07
Johns Hopkins Univ            46                       360.85
Lehigh University             21                       206.15
Louisiana State Univ          26                       197.44
Marouette University          14                       105.26
Medicl Col of OR/Toledo       17                       128.54
Mississippi St Univ           13                       125.24
Monmouth College              16                       133.33
NM ST U/Las Cruces            19                       136.94
Ohio State Univ               49                       409.01
Oregon State Univ             38                       296.42
Purdue University            251                      1996.16
Rice University               12                       116.53
ST Louis University           11                        84.21
Stanford University           41                       330.76
Temple University             13                       140.34
Tulane University             14                       110.25
U/Minn/Minn                   10                        94.20
U/Missouri/Columbia           10                        78.68
U/Missouri/Kansas City        20                       147.36
U/Kentucky/Lexington          31                       307.16
U/Southern Mississippi        10                        70.92
U/Hawaii/Honolulu/Manoa       10                        96.43
U/N Mexico/Albuquerque        13                       101.96
U/Louisville                  37                       328.95
U/Chicago/Chicago             12                        93.46
U/Iowa/Iowa city             122                       981.87
U/Maryland/Coll Park          15                       145.34
U/N Carolina/Chapl Hill       52                       406.40
U of Southern CA/LA           33                       107.49
U/Missouri/ST Louis           12                        92.71
U/GA Athens                   10                        84.42
U/VA/Charlottesville          18                       214.98
U/Florida/Gainsv             178                      1748.54
U/Houston/Houston             17                       165.11
U/Central Florida             10                       114.08
U/Pennsylvania                19                       174.90
U/Tenn/Memphis                17                       201.48
Univ of Akron                 35                       292.70
Univ of Cincinnati            18                        92.71
Univ of Alaska Fairbanks      31                       140.31
Univ Arizona/Tucson           12                        92.71
Univ of Wyoming               47                       357.34
VA Tech & ST Univ/VPI         61                       524.68
Vanderbilt University         14                       121.52
-----------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL                                               14,821.88     

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Enclosure Two

          Rule for Managing Insurance Administration Fee

1.   40% of the administration fee should be allocated to local
     CSS organizations to support local CSS activities.

2.   The activity fees should be deposited into a separate
     banking account.

3.   The HQ should make public announcement on the activity fees
     in every three months. The quarterly report lists only      
     schools with 10 or more enrollments. Schools with less than
     10 enrollments should wait until it meets the 10 enrollment
     requirement (accumulative).

4.   The local schools have a three month period to claim the
     activities fees starting from the date of  announcement.
     Unclaimed fees will not be extended into next quarter.
     Unclaimed activity fees go into the following purposes:

5.   Unclaimed fees should be used to pay the debt left from last
     term (third term). The rest will be saved as a special fund
     for next Congress.

6.   An application form must be filed to receive the funds. (see
     attached form).

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Enclosure Three

           Local CSS Activity Fee Application Form

1. Institution: _________________________________________________

2. Name of Organization:
_________________________________________________________________

3. Registered in Your School  Yes __ No __

4. Approximate number of members: ________________

5. Local CSS Email Network: Yes __ No __
   If answered yes, list the address: ___________________________

6. Current President:

Name: _______________________  Telephone __________________ (o)
Fax:  _______________________  Telephone __________________ (h)
Email: ______________________________________________________
Address: ____________________________________________________

7. Vice-President: (or regular contact person)

Name: _______________________  Telephone __________________ (o)
Fax:  _______________________  Telephone __________________ (h)
Email: ______________________________________________________
Address: ____________________________________________________

8. Time of Re-election _______________________

9: Representatives to Previous IFCSS Congresses:

10. Make checks payable to: __________________________________

11. Address send checks to: _________________________________
_____________________________________________________________

12. Signature:

    President _____________________  Treasurer __________________

Documents to accompany application:

A:  You must attach an official letter from your school verifying
    that your organization is a registered organization.

B:  Local CSS directory.

C:  Local CSS Newsletter.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* President:      Lin Changsheng     Vice President:  Shi Heping    * 
* Exec. Director: Liu Xiaozhu        Chief of Staff:  Huang Songyun * 
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from IFCSS E-mail mailing list, please send email to :  * 
*			[email-masked] 			    *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last_name first_name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last_name first_name         *
*                                                                   *
* For IFCSS Service Program:  ftp: ifcss.org:/services              *
*                                                                   * 
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************