Subject: news release 5145

From: hq (IFCSS Headquarter)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 94 12:11:06 CDT

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 5145       June 24, 1994 
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                     IFCSS Set up Flood Relief Fund

     Recently, China's southern and eastern areas have been
struck by severe flood, which up to now has claimed 719 lives and
affected 61.3 million people in six provinces. In the past years,
We Chinese students and scholars in the U.S. have been very
prompt in offering assistance to our fellow countrymen during
times of natural disasters and IFCSS successfully raised and
channelled thousands of dollars back to victims during the Yunnan
earthquake and East China flood. Now, faced with the worst
natural calamity since last year, IFCSS again calls upon every
Chinese student and scholar in this country to make a
contribution to the current flood relief. IFCSS HQ has set up a
special account to collect donations. If you would like to send
money through us, please make your checks payable to "IFCSS Flood
Relief 1994" and mail them to 733 15th St., N.W., Suite 440,
Washington, DC 20005. Thank you.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* President:      Lin Changsheng     Vice President:  Shi Heping    * 
* Exec. Director: Liu Xiaozhu        Chief of Staff:  Huang Songyun * 
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from IFCSS E-mail mailing list, please send email to :  * 
*			[email-masked] 			    *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last_name first_name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last_name first_name         *
*                                                                   *
* For IFCSS Service Program:  ftp: ifcss.org:/services              *
*                                                                   * 
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************