Subject: 6th IFCSS Congress revised agenda and housing information

From: hq (IFCSS Headquarter)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 13:21:31 CDT

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No.     5151     July 14, 1994 
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

Dear students:

     Because of housing problem, there might be a shortage of
rooms available for all the delegates and guests. For those of
you who will attend the 6th IFCSS Congress and have not yet
register, please contact IFCSS HQ immediately at:  
                       tel: 202-347-0017
                       fax: 202-347-0018
                       e-mail: [email-masked]

                        IFCSS 6th Congress Agenda
                        =========================

     IFCSS 6th Congress is to be held on July 22nd and 23rd at
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. The Congress
Secretariat shall be set up in Room 108, Teague Residence Hall;
the telephone numbers shall be (919)914-2846 and
914-2847 (beginning service July 21st). 

07/21 (Thursday)

10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.       Registration

10:00 a.m. - Noon             Preparatory Group Meeting

7:30 p.m. - 11:00             Cocktail Party
                              Talk by Wang Juntao Informal        
                              meeting between presidential
                              candidates and delegates

07/22 (Friday)

9:00 a.m.                     Opening Ceremony
                              -- Paying Tribute to victims of 
                                   June 4th Massacre
                              -- Introducing Guests

9:10 a.m.                     Guest Speeches (representative from
                              UNC, Wang Juntao, guest from U.S.
                              Congress, guests from other Chinese
                              student Federations)
                              
10:00 a.m.                    Award Giving (Wei Jingsheng, IFCSS
                              veterans)

10:30 a.m.                    Introduction to Congress Procedures
                              Discussion of Agenda

11:00 a.m.                    Work Report by IFCSS President (Qs
                              & As)

12:00 a.m.                    Lunch

1:30 p.m.                     Selected Working Committee reports

1:50 p.m.                     IFCSS Council Report (Qs & As)

2:20 p.m.                     IFCSS Supervisory Committee Report
                              (Qs & As)

2:50 p.m.                     Draft Resolution Introduction and
                              Debate

3:30 p.m.                     Afternoon Break

3:45 p.m.                     Resolution Debate (Continued)

5:30 p.m.                     Dinner

7:00 p.m.                Overseas CSS & Their Role in China's
                         Future Development (A discussion                             
                         sponsored by UNC China Forum) 

7:30 p.m.                CPA Jeff Lin on IFCSS Finance

8:30 p.m.                IFCSS Presidential Candidates on Their
                         Campaigns

07/23 (Saturday)

9:00 a.m.                     Voting on Resolutions

10:30 a.m.                    Regional Meetings (reports by 5th
                              term Council members, election of
                              6th term Council members and
                              candidates for Supervisory Comm.)

11:45 a.m.                    Lunch

1:30 p.m.                     Introducing 6th term Council
                              members to the Congress; Election
                              of Supervisory Committee members
                              (plenary session)

3:00 p.m.                     Afternoon break

3:15 p.m.                     Concurrent seminars

                         Group One:
                              -- IGS President on IFCSS Medical
                                 Insurance
                              -- AAA President on Sprint Service
                              -- Sally Charles on Small Business

                         Group Two:
                              -- Dr. Haiqing Zhao on                                  
                                 Congressional Lobbying
                              -- SVDC on Chinese Community in the
                                 U.S.

                         Group Three:
                         -- CBS Incident: Report & Planning
                         -- Discussion of IFCSS                         
Professionalization

5:00 p.m.                     Dinner

7:30 p.m.                     Election of 6th term IFCSS
                              President and Vice President

11:30 p.m.                    Congress adjourns.

07/24 (Sunday)

8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.         Sightseeing Tour

9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.        Concurrent meetings of 6th term
                              IFCSS Council and Supervisory
                              Committee

11:00 a.m.                    Joint meeting of IFCSS Council,
                              Supervisory Committee, and IFCSS
                              President & Vice President

11:45 a.m.                    Lunch

1:00 p.m.                     Joint meeting (continued)

3:00 p.m.                     Joint meeting ends.

07/25 (Monday)

All Day                  Check out

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* President:      Lin Changsheng     Vice President:  Shi Heping    * 
* Exec. Director: Liu Xiaozhu        Chief of Staff:  Huang Songyun * 
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from IFCSS E-mail mailing list, please send email to :  * 
*			[email-masked] 			    *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last_name first_name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last_name first_name         *
*                                                                   *
* For IFCSS Service Program:  ftp: ifcss.org:/services              *
*                                                                   * 
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************